Wind farms are getting more and more popular, not only in Australia, but everywhere in the world. Danterr have been involved with a few wind farm projects such as the Musselroe Bay Wind Farm in Tasmania and supporting the Hornsdale Wind Farm in South Australia, as well as many others.
But you may be wondering, how does a wind farm come into development?
Here are 10 steps in which the construction of a wind farm begins:
- Carry out cartography, listing the wind fields, at the regional level, by analysing the technical data of any order such as the capacities of connection to the electric network and the various regulatory, environmental, landscape, and heritage constraints.
- Once potential land is identified, the developer contacts the mayor and local elected officials to present the wind project.
- If the project has attracted the interest of local elected officials, the wind developer can develop lease promises with farmers and landowners who have agreed to rent part of their plots for the installation of one or more wind turbines.
- The wind developer has the obligation to carry out an impact study of the park project. For this, they conduct several studies to evaluate the potential impacts of the project on the environment, residents, biodiversity, landscape, and patrimony.
- The construction of a wind farm requires several prefectural and ministerial authorisations. The wind developer must therefore submit specific requests to the prefecture of the department in which the wind farm project is located. In parallel with the administrative procedures, the wind developer sends the network manager a connection request.
- As part of the processing of applications for authorization, several consultations are organized as part of a public inquiry lasting between one and two months. It is organised under the aegis of a commissioner-investigator, a consultation of the departmental commission of nature, landscapes and sites (where environmental associations, heritage, landscape, etc.) sit, a consultation of the environmental authority.
- These consultations give rise to the delivery of advisory opinions, which will be sent to the prefect.
- Advisory decisions are then either accepted or refused.
- Once the authorisations obtained or the appeals have been finally completed, the wind developer sets up its financing plan in conjunction with various partners (banks, private investors, etc.).
- The last step is the connection of the wind turbines to the electricity grid and the commissioning of the fleet, which marks the injection of the first electrons on the grid. Controls by certified inspection bodies and tests are performed prior to commissioning to ensure compliance of the installation.
So how does Danterr get involved?
Danterr provide concrete bar spacers for the wind tower bases as well as pagel grout for its high compressive strength and easy workability. Danterr ensures that these wind farm projects receive the highest level of expertise and advice on products that have been suggested to achieve the required results.
For more information, please visit our website http://www.danterr.com. Alternatively, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or 1800 262 383.